Guidelines to apply for Shawnee CARES Grants
Shawnee CARES Grants are available to help students currently enrolled in spring 2020 semester with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
365体育投注网These grants are funded by the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis while funds are available. Application requests up to a maximum of $1,200 will be considered, but the full amount of a request cannot be guaranteed.
What is this for?
365体育投注网Shawnee CARES funds can be used to cover expenses as a result of COVID-19 for the following categories:
- Child Care
365体育投注网Eligibility requirements are based on guidance provided by the US Department of Education, as follows:
- Filed a FAFSA for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Have been enrolled on March 31, 2020 at SSU for the spring 2020 semester as an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student
- Not enrolled as an e-campus program (no face-to-face classes) for the spring 2020 semester
- Have a valid social security number
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- If male, be registered for selective service
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or completed high school in an approved homeschool setting
- Making satisfactory academic progress
- Not in default on a federal student loan
365体育投注网If awarded Shawnee CARES, monies will be applied to your spring student account. These funds will not be impacted by any balances owed to the university and students will receive the full amount of the awarded grant.
How to Apply
365体育投注网To apply, visit and complete the Shawnee CARES Grant Application located on the Financial Aid tab by end of business May 31, 2020.
Contact for Questions
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org