Clark Memorial Library Excellence in Research Award
One $400 Excellence in Research Award will be presented during the campus Celebration of Scholarship. The award is sponsored by the Clark Memorial Library to recognize excellence in the research for a student paper or project presented during the Celebration of Scholarship 2020.
365体育投注网Papers produced during Spring 2019, Summer 2019, Fall 2019, or Spring 2020 for an SSU course are eligible. (You may submit the same paper concurrently for a Deans’ Award.) You must present your paper at Celebration of Scholarship to be considered.
How to Apply
A complete application consisting of 3 parts should be submitted to email@example.com:
- Submit a research process essay: a 500-800 word essay describing your research process and use of library tools. Please see details for essay requirements below.
- Submit a Cover Sheet that includes your name, the title of your project, the course name and number, professor's name, and the semester the project was completed.
- Submit the final version of your project with Bibliography/Works Cited. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your project is not in digital form.
The purpose of the research process essay is to help the reviewers understand your research process and what you learned as a part of writing this research paper. Not only do the reviewers want to see the content of your product, we consider this process a learning experience, as well.
We highly suggest keeping records of your research process and learning throughout this experience. You will likely find the essay much easier to write if you do so.
365体育投注网Please include the following in your research process essay:
- Discuss your search strategies. In addition to telling us a little about the particulars of your research (databases/Discovery Service used, selection of search terms, etc.), reflect on the process itself. Areas to cover: What did you do to ensure you considered multiple perspectives? In what formats did you find information for the paper and how did you determine how authoritative these sources are? What did you do when you were "stuck" during the research process?
- Tell us what you learned about the research process itself and how will you apply that to future research – either in an academic setting or in your current or future career.
- Tell us how you are going to use the content knowledge you gained as a result of this research. Based on what you learned, are you prompted to continue this line of research and, if so, how? Are you going to apply this in your current or future career and, if so, how?
Contact email@example.com with questions.
All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org体育投注网 by April 5, 2020 at 11:59pm.
The judges’ rubric is viewable here: Award Rubric (PDF)