SSU offers a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training. Athletic Training is a specific discipline where students learn to prevent, recognize and evaluate athletic injuries, as well as being able to offer rehabilitation, education and counseling to the physically active population. Athletic trainers function as integral members of athletic healthcare teams in clinics, secondary schools, colleges, universities, and professional settings.
Faculty and staff are committed to providing an outstanding educational program, which makes SSU a leader among the American Mideast Conference and NAIA College and universities. The degree program at Shawnee State is accredited by CAATE (Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education).
365体育投注网Please take a look at our site, learn more about this dynamic, rewarding field, and review the coursework and training needed to complete a degree.
365体育投注网The Shawnee State University Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP)- prepares students for entry-level positions as Athletic Trainers. The ATEP of SSU, strives to provide both didactic and clinical education experiences of the highest quality. The ATEP is committed to the mission of the University by providing an undergraduate education that fosters competence in oral and written communication, scientific and quantitative reasoning, and critical analysis/logical thinking.
Athletic Training Education Program Goals:
- Prepare students to become entry-level athletic trainers.
- Prepare students to be critical thinking, inquiring professionals.
- Prepare students to successfully challenge the BOC examination.
Athletic Training Education Program Objectives:
- Prepare students to demonstrate professional behaviors, clinical skills, and decision making capabilities that allow for the successful implementation of athletic training care.
- Prepare students to apply knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in the practice of athletic training.
- Prepare students to demonstrate skill in conducting an initial assessment on injuries / illnesses common to physically active individuals in making objective and accurate observations and be selecting, administering, and interpreting evaluative tests.
- Prepare students to use effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills in working with physically active individuals and sports medicine team personnel in providing athletic training care.
- Prepare students to document information pertaining to athletic training care using appropriate written expression.
- Prepare students to demonstrate an understanding of the ethical guidelines required in the profession of athletic training.
- Prepare students to demonstrate the cognitive, psychomotor and affective competencies to analyze, adapt, and apply therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, and pharmacological agents in injury prevention and rehabilitation programs for physically active individuals.
- Prepare students to demonstrate the knowledge and confidence to function as an athletic trainer.