What is a degree in Individualized Studies?
The Bachelor of Individualized Studies (BIS) degree at Shawnee State University is a general undergraduate degree and is not intended to prepare students for a specific career path. This degree provides an opportunity for degree completion to students in a number of situations:
- Students who wish to earn a degree for which there is no formal program
- Students seeking to combine aspects of two or more programs
- Students seeking a general bachelor degree to improve career advancement
Bachelor of Individualized Studies
365体育投注网Students interested in the Bachelor of Individualized Studies degree should contact the Dean of the University College.
The program requires:
- A minimum of 120 semester credit hours, including the General Education program.
- A minimum of 2.0 cumulative grade point average for all courses taken at Shawnee State University.
- No more than 9 upper division hours in the individualized/specialized areas of study and cognate areas may be transferred in from another accredited university or college.
- Student must complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at Shawnee State University. The University's general policies regarding the transferability of courses from other colleges and universities apply equally to this major.
- A minimum of 30 semester credit hours in the individualized/specialized areas of study and cognate areas.
- Completion of the specific program of study initially approved by the student's faculty advisory committee upon admission to the major. Any subsequent alterations in the program, including course substitutions, must receive the approval of the student's advisor and the Dean of the University College.
- Completion of at least 30 semester credit hours after approval of student's program.
- Petition for graduation in accordance with the rule prescribed by the University.