SSU partners with Time Warner Cable and Wi-Fi Solutions Group to offer internet connectivity for all student housing buildings. The Wi-Fi network in your housing apartment is separate from the campus network and is only available to student housing residents. To connect your personal devices to the SSU housing network you need to obtain the password for your building from your Resident Assistant and then select one of the SSID Numbers mounted on your refrigerator. Please do not share the password with others who are not residents of your building.
365体育投注网If you wish to connect a gaming console, plug the console into a physical network port for best performance. Attempting to operate a gaming console over the Wi-Fi is discouraged since it will result in a poor quality of internet service for both your games and for anyone else that is connecting to the same SSID as you and trying to share the internet bandwidth.
What is provided:
- Wireless access within all University housing units
- One wired connection in the common area
- Student discounts on Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office
- A safe, secure, and easy to use computing environment
Reporting a Problem
If you experience a problem with your Housing Network, please report the issue to the IT Service Desk in one of the following ways:
- Email the details of your issue along with your name, contact information and LOCATION to ITService@bondtechglue.com.
- Call in your issue to IT Services at (740) 351-3538.
- Stop by the IT Service Desk on Level 1 of the Clark Memorial Library.
Your information will then be sent to Wi-Fi Solutions who will attempt to resolve the issue remotely if they can. If they determine that the situation requires someone to visit your apartment to resolve the issue, they will contact you and schedule a time to send a technician to work on your issue.